CORE Education Trust is a Birmingham based Multi Academy Trust and is proud to sponsor four Secondary schools in the City. CORE Education Trust’s mission is to provide children with a high-quality educational experience realised through a collective commitment to our four CORE Values of Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham’s leading educational and business leaders. The successful candidate will be joining a team whose sole aim is to ensure that all students get the very best support, care and guidance that enables them to achieve their very best.
Based in the heart of the City at St. Paul’s Square Birmingham, we are recruiting for a Senior HR Officer. Working within a fast-paced HR generalist department the postholder will offer a proactive valuable and efficient HR support to the Head of People and Organisation Development/the Trust ensuring that our school’s benefit from a centralised, timely and efficient Human Resources support function.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong HR generalist to add value and play a part in improving processes in employee relation activities and the employee lifecycle. This is a very varied, and hands-on role which will require an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to show initiative and the ability to multi-task within a team environment. Previous HR experience and up-to-date employment legislation knowledge is essential, and the candidate must be able to demonstrate extremely strong administration and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail.
Main duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of call for all general HR guidance and assistance to managers on HR policies, procedures and best practice across the CORE Family
- To proactively assist in the effective management of all associated tasks within the employee life cycle of the CORE family
- Proactively assisting with the management of employee relations casework such as dispute resolutions, discipline and grievances, absence, TUPE, retirement and redundancy.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and sharing knowledge of best practices within the industry.
- Working with the Head of People and Organisation Development to develop, implement and regularly review HR Policy and procedures aligned to the needs of the Trust
- Overseeing and directing the HR / administration team as required
- To proactively manage all absence management across the Trust, assisting at School level to ensure policy and due process is followed at all times and reporting outcomes on a regular basis to the Head of People and Organisation Development
- To take a proactive approach in effective recruitment practices, monitoring industry custom and practice and identifying and exploring innovative methods to attract and retain high calibre candidates
- Work with the Head of People and Organisation Development to further develop internal policy and procedures around people management in line with Industry and best practice
- Demonstrate and act in alignment with the CORE values of Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence at all times
- Other duties are as outlined in the Job Description
To apply for this role please download and fill in the application form attached below, and return to [email protected] Only those applicants submitting a CORE Education Trust Application Form will be considered.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and Birmingham City Council application forms will not be accepted.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed
CORE Education Trust welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an Equal Opportunities and living wage Employer.
CORE Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) Check is required for all successful applicants.