CORE Education Trust is a values-driven multi-academy trust rich in cultural and social diversity. Responsible for four academies in Birmingham, the Trust was set up to innovate through adversity and to challenge the conventional boundaries of what is possible for our students. Motivated and inspired by the success of our students, our ambition goes beyond textbooks and whiteboards, we are proud to work with the young people of Birmingham.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are recruiting for a Senior HR Officer who will have experience working in a HR advisory role within a school/college/public sector environment and can hit the ground running. Working within a fast-paced HR generalist department the post holder will offer a proactive valuable and efficient HR support to the Head of People and Organisation Development/the Trust ensuring that our school’s benefit from a centralised, timely and efficient Human Resources support function.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong HR generalist to add value and play a part in improving processes in employee relation activities and the employee lifecycle. This is a very varied, and hands-on role which will require an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to show initiative and the ability to multi-task within a team environment. Previous HR experience and up-to-date employment legislation knowledge is essential, and the candidate must be able to demonstrate extremely strong administration and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail.
Main duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of call for all general HR guidance and assistance to managers on HR policies, procedures and best practice across the CORE Family
- To proactively assist in the effective management of all associated tasks within the employee life cycle of the CORE family
- Proactively assisting with the management of employee relations casework such as dispute resolutions, discipline and grievances, absence, TUPE, retirement and redundancy.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and sharing knowledge of best practices within the industry.
- Working with the Head of People and Organisation Development to develop, implement and regularly review HR Policy and procedures aligned to the needs of the Trust
- To proactively manage all absence management across the Trust, assisting at School level to ensure policy and due process is followed at all times and reporting outcomes on a regular basis to the Head of People and Organisation Development
- To take a proactive approach in effective recruitment practices, monitoring industry custom and practice and identifying and exploring innovative methods to attract and retain high calibre candidates
- Work with the Head of People and Organisation Development to further develop internal policy and procedures around people management in line with Industry and best practice
- Demonstrate and act in alignment with the CORE values of Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence at all times
- Other duties are as outlined in the Job Description
WHAT WE OFFER
The successful candidate will be joining a vibrant learning community with national award-winning credentials. The Trust works collaboratively with leaders to ensure our CORE Values are promoted, embodied, and celebrated by all the staff and children in our schools. You will:
- be given the opportunity to engage with cross-trust activities that connect students and staff to their wider family of schools/peers across the city. This includes programmes such as the award-winning Echo Eternal Holocaust memorial arts initiative, The Great Get Together and The COREus Choir
- be provided with a provision of support and training to foster a positive culture of wellbeing for all students and staff
We place a strong emphasis on supporting and encouraging personal development, which includes:
- a CPD strategy that is designed to support the career aspirations of all staff to help them realise their potential.
- access to experienced mentors who have a strong track record of developing staff
This is an exciting time to join the trust. We are about to embark on the next phase of our evolution as an outward facing, forward thinking family of schools guided by a vision underpinned by optimism, ambition and oneness.