- Our four CORE Values have a meaningful purpose on a day to day basis and guide school decision making.
- Our staff and students across the four schools regularly support each other and share experiences and opportunities.
- Our students and staff are, first and foremost, proud ambassadors of CORE Education Trust.
- A main feature of delivering a CORE Education is the support offered through a student entitlement offer called CORE Cares.
CORE CARES IS A GUARANTEE TO ALL OUR STUDENTS
- The CORE FOUR at Key Stage Three (Years 7, 8, 9)
- The CORE EXTRA MILE at Key Stage Four (Years 10, 11)
THE CORE FOUR AT KEY STAGE 3
Inspired by CORE Values, giving our children a Key Stage Three value added experiences to ensure they are adequately prepared for Key Stage Four and beyond:
Every child will begin life in a CORE School through access to a Free Summer School before Year 7 and then through subsequent residential learning experiences with children from other CORE schools before the end of Key Stage Three.
This will develop their resilience, team skills and curiosity.
Every child will have at least a one term experience of music tuition during Key Stage Three and on-going opportunities to engage with the Trust choir.
This will develop their interest in the arts and ensure equal access to high quality music tuition
Every child will participate in a CORE & Co Project in Years 7, 8 and 9.
This will develop their self-esteem, interpersonal skills and confidence.
Every child will reach the CORE Standard for Reading/Writing and Maths by end of Year 7, 8 or 9.
This will develop their basic levels of literacy and numeracy required to ensure that the foundations for KS4 learning and beyond are in place.
THE CORE EXTRA MILE AT KEY STAGE 4
“Limitations we place on ourselves are our biggest shackles”
Amardeep Gill, Lawyer and Commercial Advisor
Trowers & Hamlins
The CORE Extra Mile is made up of a two-tiered entitlement:
Every Key Stage 4 student is entitled to:
- Targeted tutoring intervention support and acceleration through MyTutor, PETXi programmes or similar.
- Access to the CORE Extra online lessons, led by our best subject specialists
- After school and school holiday support throughout the academic year
Additionally, some Year 10 students going into Year 11 will be entitled to:
- A bespoke development programme through our partners at Digital Innovators
- Access to the CORE LoT Leadership Programme
This programme involves 20 students from across CORE Schools at Year 10. The leadership programme provides a range of opportunities and development activities.
Professional actor Fela Lufadeju hosts mentoring sessions with members of #CORELoT on a weekly basis. We are delighted he will provide mentoring and presentation skill development sessions throughout the year.
“Fela talked with students about his experience of working hard to achieve his ambitions. He spoke of overcoming barriers and how he had to work on amplifying his skills. I admire Fela’s hard work, determination and resilience.”
Izma, Rockwood Academy Student
CORE Education Trust offers extra curricular opportunities, to better prepare our students for life after Education.